Sunday, January 24, 2010

Queen Bee

I managed to get two whole layouts done at yesterday's crop! This is one of them, but I totally cheated and copied my friend's layout... darn near exactly! :o) Thanks Jodi! Funny part is, it still took me the same amount of time to scraplift! Jodi did this layout last year at our girls retreat and I wonder if I subconsciously encouraged Miss H to be a Bee for Halloween this year so that I could copy the layout! LOL!

I picked up this paper in the Target dollar bins, thanks to my friend Jenn for showing it to me. It was one of the only Halloween type papers I could find that used yellow instead of orange to coordinate with the yellow/black bee theme. The little bumblebees I made on the Gypsy with layers of yellow, black, and vellum generic egg shapes. I used the flourish and bling to mimic the flight pattern. I also have to share that the day of Halloween, Miss H decided that a Queen Bee needed a crown to go with the costume. So, I used one of her old princess crowns, painted black where the "stones" were and used pipe-cleaners and yellow puff balls to make her a Bee Crown/Antennae. She loved it!

PP: Target Scrapbooking Supplies
CS: CTMH Honey & Black
Quickutz: Moxie Classic, Flourish
Embellies: RickRack (from the sewing stash), Bling
White UniBall Gel pen for journaling and detailing
Cricut: Doodlecharms (egg outline)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...