Thursday, July 3, 2008

Beach Beauty

These are some more papers I got at Scrapbook Market, they are the Making Memories Tropical Collection. The patterned papers, flowers, and stickers all came together. When I got out these papers and pictures I was so excited by the colors and the fun pictures, but... then I was stumped with the sketch. I couldn't find any sketches that would do it justice, I even googled the paper collection and checked the manufacturers website and nothing! And duh! what about using my own brain! I rely on my sketch books and websites so much that I get discouraged sometimes when I actually have to use my brain :o) But, I have to admit that I am so happy I challenged myself to come up with my own sketch! I actually even managed to incorporate stickers! into this layout. Of course they did come with the kit and were adorable! I also used stickles for the first time and fell in love! The glitter definitely is not an everyday thing, but they were just what this layout needed! BEACH is CTMH Dimensional Elements inked with Heavenly Blue and beauty is Quickutz Spicy Chicken cut from CTMH Bubblegum CS ... by the way I always forget and call this font Funky Chicken ;o)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...