Thursday, November 29, 2007

Beautiful Morning View


So, usually I wouldn't be one to share what is behind those cabinet doors, especially all over the internet. But we haven't had cabinets in the kitchen since we moved in 11 months ago! It is a long story, but I will say that upon moving in those cabinets were too bad, unhealthy, ugly to live with any longer. So, we ripped them out and began a verrrrry long process of picking out new ones and finally....this past weekend, I got my new upper cabinets! So, you see this is a very exciting view every morning as I open my cabinet door to reach for my coffee mug and cereal bowl!!! Needless to say, I was very thankful for my family over the Thanksgiving weekend as they made the voyage to my house to help with projects throughout the weekend. Thanks Dad, Amy, Jordan, Brian, Hubby, and Granny (for loaning me everyone!) We definitely couldn't have gotten all this done without you!

  • We also managed to get the travertine install started on the back porch!
  • In the master bath we got all new electrical outlets and switches installed, the ceiling painted, the exhaust fan installed, and I, yes... I, installed can lights above the vanity (with a little help from Dad and hubby) but I think they were both a little surprised that I could do electrical!
  • We sanded the plaster in kitchen, then primed and painted it my new favorite color, olive.
  • We also painted the ceiling in the kitchen, dining room, and hallways!
  • Oh yeah, Dad and hubby managed to figure out this key-er thing that our door guy loaned us, so that we could get all the different deadbolts and handle sets keyed to the same key (instead of 7!!! different keys for the 7 different locks!) So, I finally have only one housekey! ;o)
Hopefully I will get the house cleaned up and take some more pics of the other projects, but i just had to share that bit!

2 comments:

scrapbooking for others said...

It sure makes me happy when you are happy!! mom

Anonymous said...

Moving along! So glad to see the progress! Been a long time coming.
love you so much :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...